Sunday, September 15, 2013

In Which Our Intrepid Narrator Starts Afresh and Makes Muffins

I am no longer a dirty Peace Corps bum.  But I am soon moving to Wyoming, a clear indication that I have lost control of my life.  I have, however, all the amenities of the developed world, and am making muffins, which I regard as the pinnacle of western civilization.  That I have neither rationale nor allegory for this does not concern me.  There are muffins, and muffins are good, and the internet has lots of suggestions for muffins.

Civilization takes time to do right.  Pans should be
well greased and floured.

If barbarians disrupt the proceedings, that's okay.  

Cranberries!  Also apples, for cranberry apple muffins, but
cranberries!  Out of season but still available!


Stirring too much is not advised.  Never poke too much at the underpinnings
of civilization.  


Muffins!



Muffins with bacon!   And eggs scrambled in bacon grease
with cheese added.   America has all the fats and I love it. 
Love and muffins to you all, darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment