Monday, March 31, 2014

In Solidarity with the Boring Old Ladies

A young gentleman of the Peace Corps once told me that before meeting me, he thought only boring old ladies did needlework.  This comment was prompted by my then work on a cross stitch dragon.  It's one of those remarks I find annoying, but not enough to fight about.  Cross stitch is done by old ladies, young ladies, boring ladies, not-so-boring ladies, and at times even by men.  I happen to like cross stitch, and cross stitch in the company of other craftsy women is even better, thank you very much.  The back of my hand to gentlemen who are judgmental about my stitchery.

In solidarity with any boring old ladies (though I've never met any boring ladies who cross stitch), I have recently finished a cocktail sampler, which will eventually be framed and in my kitchen.  


At the suggestion of a different gentleman of the Peace Corps, I altered one of
the panels to demonstrate the classic PCV drink.  

Onward to the next project, my indefatigable boozers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment