Friday, January 3, 2014

In Which Customer Service Continues to Deserve Its Abysmal Reputation

This morning I went to pay my bills, and I hit a snag.  For me, paying bills means logging into my banking site and filling in how much and when and clicking buttons to make it happen.  But my insurance company has a really long name (38 characters) and the bank's website will only accept 28 characters for a name.

Hmm.  I'm only a dabbler in programming, but that shouldn't be more than one line in html, right?  A quick query to Stack Overflow confirms this:

<input type = "text" maxlength = "38">

or whatever maximum number of characters you want to accept as input.  Next a call to customer service: can you please alter one line of html in your website?  Answer: absolutely no chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment