Tuesday, May 19, 2015

An Adorable Cake in an Adorable Mug

I have this problem where I've moved out on my own and I have little to no kitchenware of my own.  Granted, my darling sister is moving in with her darling kitchenware in about two weeks, but in the meantime, I want to bake.  I want to bake things with whipped cream, but I have no mixer, and I'm not whipping cream by hand.  I want to bake things that involve many steps of preparation, but I have exactly one sauce pan and 3 bowls. So I'm making microwave mug cakes.  This is a recipe I found here and while it is better than most microwave mug cake recipes I've seen in that it prescribes melted butter rather than vegetable oil, cocoa powder is still no substitute for chocolate melted in cream. Nonetheless, while not particularly attractive as a creation, it is in a sheepie mug.  And there's peanut butter.  So there's that.


No comments:

Post a Comment