Monday, March 17, 2014

Sailing About the City of Godless Decadence

Because spring break trips become significantly more possible when one is not a student, we went to San Francisco for a few days.  They have lots of civilization there, not to mention trees.  It is possible to use public transportation that goes everywhere and see one of the best ballet companies in the U.S. Conveniently enough, I could also exercise my Lifetime Peace Corps Couchsurfing privileges and get us a place to stay with a friend from Tanzania and his wonderful parents, who will cheerfully tell me about the bubonic plague and I love them for it.

I had never been to San Francisco before and knew nothing about it other than that it has a reputation as a hub of godless decadence, so I was very excited.  In addition to the godless decadence, one can take sail boat rides past Alacatraz and out to the Golden Gate bridge!

The mainsail of our good ship. 

Alcatraz.  


Alcatraz with tourists. 



The bay was full of boats and birds. 

The Golden Gate bridge, with a bird. 




The city behind the bridge.  


Monument in the shape of a fire hose, erected to a lady firefighter
whose name I forget. 

Tourists taking pictures of me as I took pictures of them.  For infinite recursion. 





4 comments:

  1. Yes! For infinite recursion...For infinite recursion....(can you hold on for an infinity of seconds while I finish this?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Infinite recursion should only be performed with analog devices - especially in the presence of godless decadence.

      BTW, did you realize that decadence is only 1/100,000th as good as megadence?

      Delete
  3. It's still way better than picodense, which I have here in Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete