Wednesday, February 19, 2014

In Wyoming. With Dance Classes.

I seem to be a good dance teacher!  I am very surprised.  It's one thing to just be better than the dance teachers I have observed heretofore in this town, one of whom just sat on the floor doing her makeup and yelling at her students when they did something wrong, and at least one of whom apparently has no problems with students who do not wear underwear on stage, but it's another thing to be actually good.  I've certainly been enjoying teaching my belly dance class, but when the students come in and tell me they look forward to my class all day, or that they've noticed they've become more limber since starting, or that they have taken to thinking "how would Elisheba stand" during the day because they want to be more graceful, I get seriously warm fuzzies.

I really do have wonderful students.  They actually practice at home in between classes!  They remember my instructions (mostly, I think, because they find the way I give instructions to be hilarious.  They love the term "dinosaur hands.") and they want to do more things in the dance I choreographed for them.  I adore them.

So far, teaching this class is the only good thing about Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment