Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Darwin Day! Have a Cheesecake!

It's Darwin Day!  Celebrate science!  Because I am an American, the only way I know to celebrate anything is with excessive amounts of food, so I have cheesecake.  White chocolate and cranberry, with a little orange instead of vanilla.

It's an itty bit overcooked at the edges, but I maintain this is a result of the
variation that exists within cheesecakes.  

I clearly did not put in enough cranberry sauce, but again, this is natural variation
existing within cheesecakes, definitely not my own incompetence.


I'm proud of us, as humanity.  We turned cows from gigantic things that could kill cavemen into little docile things that we've genetically engineered over the centuries to produce huge amounts of milk with high fat content.    Also, even though the majority of my own species can't digest milk past childhood, I am one of the minority that retains that enzyme into adulthood, which is why I can eat cheese products now.   Variation within a species!

No comments:

Post a Comment