Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Customized butt-kicking for goodness in Baldur's Gate (with apologies to those who play neutral and evil alignments)

A great computer game has a lot of little details to do right.  In Baldur's Gate, the list of details done right staggers me every time I stop to think about all the programming behind them.

For instance, I can customize my character portrait with any (properly formatted and named) .bmp.

I can also customize NPC (non-player character) portraits.

And I just figured out I can even customize modded-in NPCs!  My virtual reality has just gotten better than my reality by another factor of 2.  And extra extra thanks to all the wonderful people on the internet who take the time to make the detailed, realistic NPC mods that I'm having so much fun with right now!

These are just a few more of the reasons in my list of why Baldur's Gate is my favorite computer game of all time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment