Sunday, January 18, 2015

Versus Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries: Victory!

I was sent this reddit page, which demonstrates how some of the best ideas can be found on the internet.  I've been experimenting with bite-sized cheesecakes recently anyway, but making individual cheesecakes in tiny little cupcake papers is a LOT of work and usually results in the crust stuck to the paper, and cutting up a big cheesecake into bitesized cheesecakes is messy.  Fortunately, the internet has the solution of putting a no-bake version of cheesecake into strawberries.

It's really really simple to do, and fast even for someone like me who refuses to make cheesecakes that simple (I always mix ricotta and cream cheese and add white chocolate melted in cream).  Granted, I didn't bother to mush graham crackers for the top, but I was feeling lazy.  It was a little difficult getting the strawberries to stand up to be filled, but I have lots of mini-muffin pans and problem solving skills.  I don't have a pastry bag, but I do have a cookie press with a nozzle sort of attachment, which would have worked except I took too cavalier an approach to thoroughly melting the white chocolate (who cares if there is a piece of white chocolate unmelted inside a strawberry?  It's a piece of chocolate inside a strawberry!) and as it turns out, unmelted chocolates can and will jam inside nozzles.  I resorted to messily spooning cheesecake batter into strawberries, but it still wasn't that messy.

Coring strawberries: easy and fast.  

Small quantities of ingredients mean no need to use non-dishwashable bowls.  

Strawberry which is also a bite-sized cheesecake.  Win.  



No comments:

Post a Comment