Sunday, October 5, 2014

On Ingredients and Mixes

Recently, one of my coworkers brought in cookies.  These were introduced as healthy cookies (which I normally don't like, because what's the point?), however, the reasoning behind the healthiness was that there was neither flour nor sugar in the cookies.  (Again, what's the point?) My colleague then went on to enumerate the ingredients as "oats, blueberries, and cake mix."

Umm.

Just to make sure I haven't been completely confused for years, I looked up both some commercial cake mix ingredient lists and some homemade cake mix directions.  I am relieved to know that cake mix is not actually composed of magical ingredients that, while they perfectly mimic flour and sugar, aren't.  I will therefore continue to encourage the healthiness of my coworker's baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment