Sunday, August 17, 2014

In Which I Lament the Vapidity that is the U.S. Notion of the Pinnacle of Artistic Achievement

I bought shoes recently.  For Argentine tango, in which I am taking classes.  This requires me to dance in heels, which in turn requires me to purchase good heels.  The sort with good thick leather soles.   I described my needs to the helpful sales clerk with the reason thereunto, the tango that is.  Her response, which I think was supposed to be a compliment, was that maybe I'd be on Dancing with the Stars.

No.  Terrible television shows are not why we dance.  At least, not why I dance.  As long as people who dance love their dance, who am I to judge, but television shows are a horribly vapid reason for dancing.  Please do not ascribe such to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment