Saturday, October 5, 2013

Caturday Post: When you are Old and Grey

This is Miriah.  She is almost 19, and lives with my parents because she is much too old for me to take her with me.  


She is full of sleep now, but I don't like photographing her that way.  She is not cute and sleepy and cuddly; she is mean and deadly, with a witheringly judgmental glare. In her youth, she could find and kill a chipmunk in under 5 minutes, and even now there are cautionary notices on her veterinary file. When she leaves this world, she will reign over the hell of happy woodland creatures.  In the meantime, she still investigates as I go through my clothes and pack.


 She also steals anything she decides she likes.  A dear friend gave me a little plastic panda.  The head pops off, so I was going to mount it on a stick with some fake blood and make a tasteless desk toy, but Miriah wanted it.  This old cat playing with the severed head of a panda brings me great joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment